Oh green juice, I love you so! This is my go to, feel great, look great juice. I love juicing. It gives me so much energy and I definitely notice a difference in my skin when I am religiously making my juices. I do not believe that juice replaces a meal, it is a perfect compliment to breakfast or lunch. It is also perfect if you maybe had a few too many glasses of wine the night before, or you need energy to go out.
Juicing is such an easy way of getting more vitamins and flushing out some of those nasty toxins that we all dislike so much.
Alyssa's Oh Kale Yeah Green Juice
2 large leaves of kale (any variety of your liking works great)
1 large cucumber
2 stalks of celery
Some romaine lettuce (optional. Gives it a sweeter taste)
1 Green apple
1 inch of fresh ginger
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Couple of sprigs of parsley.
Why is this particular recipe my favorite? This recipe has been the best for my skin. I notice that my face looks a little brighter when I am juicing this recipe. Especially while also using my Enliven and Glow. Here are some other reasons I love this juice.
1) Kale. I love kale. Not because it's trendy, but because I love the taste and I love the way it makes me feel when eating it regularly. Kale is almost in every single one of my juice recipes. Kale is very high in vitamin A, helping the skin to repair damage. It's also anti inflammatory. Less inflammation means a healthier me.
2) Parsley has a high level of vitamin K which helps with skin elasticity and it also helps even skin tone.
3) Ginger is amazing. It is delicious and packs a nutritional power punch. It's loaded with potassium, magnesium, vitamin B6 and helps to boost your immune system.
4) Lemons. Hello detoxification. See you later toxins.
5) Cucumbers. 90% water, and rich in minerals. Cucumbers also contain silicia which can help to improve complexion and make your skin glow.
6) Celery contains electrolytes. Put down that energy drink or fake flavored water and reach for celery instead.
7) Green Apples. You can use any type of apple you like. The reason I choose green apples is because they are tart, delicious, and I find them the easiest to juice.
8) It just tastes delicious!
I am raising my green juice glass to all of you! Cheers.
P.S What is your favorite juice recipe? Comment below, or let me know on social media!